4. Our Response—Receive Christ
You cross the bridge into God’s family when you receive Christ by personal invitation. The BIBLE says: “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12).
To receive Christ you must do four things:
1. ADMIT your spiritual need. “I am a sinner.”
2. REPENT and be willing to turn from your sin.
3. BELIEVE that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross.
4. RECEIVE, through prayer, Jesus Christ into your heart and life. CHRIST says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20). The BIBLE says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13).